Disclosure: This post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Koss. All opinions are strictly my own. See my full disclosure policy HERE.
Since this was the first time for taking both of these classes at the National Fitness Center Signature Club, thought I would do a mini review of each.
- The instructor was FABULOUS. OJ (the instructor) was a guy probably 50+. He definitely made the yoga class and had his own style.
- The right amount of stretching, moving, flow, and relaxing.
- Yoga mats and blocks provided.
- Lights definitely made for a yoga studio as they dim!
- Encouraged everyone to work at their own level and not compete with others.
- The studio is next to the spinning class and across from the cardio theater so it is kind of noisy.
- They didn’t have any blankets (something I am used to using) available for use.
- Completely full room (a pro for the gym). They might need to consider having two Saturday morning yoga classes.
- Mats, balls, and weighted balls provided.
- Fun, upbeat music.
- Great total body workout.
- I did not like the instructor as well as the yoga instructor.
- The instructor never said “go at your own pace”, “take a break if needed”, “make sure you are getting water”, etc. These are things I think as especially important when half the class is new.
- There were no modifications for any exercise offered.
I will definitely be doing both classes again. I want to give Core Barre another shot with a different instructor.
Remember A Few of My Favorite Things (aka my holiday gift guide? Well the Koss Fitclips and Fitbuds are now available at Walgreens. Both models and all colors are on sale for $19.99 (regular price $29.99) for a limited time.
I actually use the FitBuds at my office and the FitClips on cardio machines or while walking. They are both sweat resistant and come with three different sizes of ear cushions so you can find the perfect fit. If you have been looking for some new headphones, definitely head to Walgreen’s to check them out. For any male readers out there, why not grab one or both pairs for your sweetie for Valentine’s Day (along with other fabulous gifts).
What makes or breaks a group exercise class for you?
Have a healthy day!