While I love walking outdoors whenever possible, Mother Nature sometimes insists that I use the cardio equipment at the gym. I love my gym and all the various cardio equipment we have at our disposal. However, there are some do’s and don’ts I wish everyone would observe while utilizing the machines.
- DO turn the machine off when you exit it. DON’T leave it running. (Yes this has happened.)
- After you turn the machine off, DO come back and wipe it down. Most gyms provide paper towels and disinfectant solutions.
- DON’T forget to check the machine to make sure you aren’t leaving your phone, keys, water bottle, etc.
- DON’T talk on your cell phone (unless it is an emergency call and you are getting off the machine).
- DO use headphones and not your phone’s/tablet’s speaker.
- If your gym has them, DO obey time limits on each machine.
- Many people believe that if there are open machines, DON’T take the machine right next to someone.
- If there is a wait to use the equipment, DO get off when you are done and let someone have it.DON’T just stand on it and talk to people.
What would you add to this list? What etiquette do you expect people to follow on the cardio machines?