RunHundred sent me this list of the Top 10 Workout Songs for April 2016. This is what they had to say about them:
Ladies rule the gym this month—with females out front on all but three of the month’s top tunes. The list also favors the poppier end of the musical spectrum. At the same time–even with these elements in common—there’s still room for a few surprises.
The most anticipated songs of the month are the new singles from Sia and Meghan Trainor. Collaborations also proved popular—with Zara Larsson and Fifth Harmony teaming up with MNEK and Ty Dolla $ign, respectively. Lastly, from the fellows, you’ll find the latest from Pitbull, a remix from Coldplay, and a fast track from St. Lucia.
In short, what seems like a homogeneous playlist on the surface turns out to be a remarkably fluid mix of dance, pop, rap, and rock on further inspection. Moreover, it’s spring—when pop’s jauntiness returns after months of hibernation. So, it’s a great time of year for buoyant beats and an even better time to get outdoors.
Here’s the full list—according to the votes logged on workout music site Run Hundred:
- Pitbull – Freedom – 118 BPM
- Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You – 73 BPM
- Coldplay – Adventure of a Lifetime (Matoma Remix) – 112 BPM
- Years & Years & Tove Lo – Desire – 126 BPM
- Sia – Cheap Thrills – 90 BPM
- Meghan Trainor – NO – 94 BPM
- St. Lucia – Help Me Run Away – 158 BPM
- JoJo – When Love Hurts (Hugel Remix) – 120 BPM
- Fifth Harmony & Ty Dolla $ign – Work from Home – 105 BPM
- Tori Kelly – Something Beautiful – 93 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.
I created the list as a Spotify playlist and listened to it as I worked out yesterday. Here it is if you want to listen to it!
Top 10 Workout Songs for April 2016 #FitFluential #RunHundred Click To Tweet
What’s your favorite song or artist right now? Share in the comments below!