Today is the American Heart Association’s National Walking Day! Per the AHA, on this day, Americans are encouraged to lace up their sneakers and take at least 30 minutes out of their day to get up and walk. It’s a great way to raise awareness of the importance of physical activity and to get your family, friends and co-workers started on a healthier way of life.
Thought I would share some of my favorite walking posts with you:
Some ideas for today:
- Grab your coworkers and go for a walk around the building. I know here in Knoxville we are supposed to have beautiful spring weather. Get out and enjoy it!
- If your office building has stairs (ours does not), consider walking up and down them a few times today. Instead of emailing your coworkers today, walk to their desks.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood before or after dinner.
- Raining in your area? Find a treadmill or head to the nearest mall.
- Knoxville has many miles of greenways where you can run, walk, bike, etc. Find a new to you path in your area and explore.
Where will you walk today?
Have a healthy day and happy walking!