Monday, Monday! There are times in your life when you are out of your “normal” routine. This may be sickness/illness for someone in your family, you may be traveling for work, or just having some type of life crisis. During these times it is super important to take care of yourself so that you are able to take care of others. Here are some tips to get you through!
- Make sure to try to get 7-9 hours of sleep a night. I know it is tough, but your body needs to rest and recover from the day. If this is not possible, try to get as much uninterrupted sleep as possible.
- Drink lots of water. When things get hectic, you may forget to drink enough H2O. Keep a water bottle with you at all times and fill it up often.
- Eat! Make sure you are nourishing yourself. Going to be someplace unfamiliar? Pack some snacks – fruit, nuts, nutrition bars, etc.
- Relax. This may be a stressful time or stressful situation. Try to relax as much as possible. Whether a 5-minute meditation or a phone call with your BFF.
- Let It Go! Let go of the things that are unimportant or can wait. House needs some cleaning? It can probably wait. Errands? They can probably wait as well. Do only what is absolutely necessary and make lists of the things you are putting off.
- Pack travel supplies. Pack a toothbrush and toothpaste. Carry some deodorant. Carry a sample of your favorite perfume.
- Cut yourself some slack. To some degree, your fitness may go out the window during these times. Don’t stress and don’t feel guilty. Understand this is a period of time and things will return to normal.
- Move as much as possible. Stuck in a hospital or airport? Walk. Do squats. Stretch. There are tons of videos out there with chair yoga.
- Use what you have available. At a hospital? There are plenty of stairs. At an airport – they are huge (and sometimes have workout facilities in them).
If you are wondering, I will be out of my routine this week. My mom is having surgery today. Prayers please! I hope to be back with at least a short post on Wednesday. You can always follow me on Twitter or Instagram.Tips for self-care and fitness when you are out of your normal routine. #FitFluential Click To Tweet
What do you do about self-care and fitness when you are out of your routine?