The first Move It Monday Challenge was the lunge hold challenge and the second challenge was the forearm plank challenge. In case you are new, we are doing these challenges every other Monday through August!
This week we are challenging people to try the leg raise challenge! Why do a leg raise? It helps strengthen your lower back! It works your lower abdominals and your hip flexors.
Tips for a proper leg raise:
- Put a mat on the floor and lie down flat. Arms out to the side with your palms facing down.
- Make sure that your head, legs and bottom are all in contact with the floor.
- Engage your stomach muscles
- Slowly lift your legs (try for a 45 or 90 degee angle), keeping your legs straight and not bending at the knees.
- Hold as long as possible then slowly lower the legs back down.
Share your results in the comments below! What’s your favorite leg exercise?