Hello and Happy Hump Day! Today is apparently National Chicken Wing Day and National Lasagna Day! Enjoy!
While for the most part I think people at my gym (and other gyms I have been to) are respectful of others, there are a few pet peeves I have. They are:
- Playing your phone/tablet (music or video) so that others can hear it. That’s why headphones and wireless headphones were made. I might not want to do the same exercise video you are doing or listen to the same music.
- Not cleaning up spills. Let’s face it – we all spill something (probably water) around the gym. Most often there are paper towels nearby for wiping down equipment – wipe up your spills!
- Not putting back weights / equipment. Leaving equipment out is not only rude, but dangerous. It only takes a minute and if you can lift it, you can put it back.
- Dropping weight on the floor/rack. Sometimes I can’t tell if we are having a thunder-storm or if the weight room is just busy. This is particular annoying when in the yoga room trying to find your zen.
- Speaking of yoga, coming in late or leaving early – RUDE! Our yoga class starts in corpse pose and ends in it as well. It never fails that multiple people show up 5-10 minutes late, then want to have “their” space while everyone else is concentrating on their breathing.
- I get people resting on equipment if they are doing back to back sets. However, it is rude to sit on it, not use it, and hold a phone conversation and not let others waiting get on.
- Taking photos in the locker room. Admit it, we have all done it. HOWEVER, when other people are in there and changing clothes, I think it is a bad idea to have a camera out.
What pet peeves do you have at the gym?