Hello and Happy Saturday! Guess what I did yesterday? I toured my new gym. I have joined the new National Fitness Center Signature club. At 120,000 square feet, it is the largest fitness facility in town. They hoped to open January 1st, but from the looks of the club, it might be a few days late.
Let me share just a few of the fun things they have at the National Fitness Center Signature Club:
- Cardio theater with different cardio machines, a huge movie screen, and surround sound.
- 3 pools – 2 indoor, 1 outdoor. 1 indoor is just for families/kids.
- Sauna and steam rooms in the locker rooms
- Fitness classes including: Yoga, Body Pump, Body Combat, PiYo, Zumba, Barre 3, Spinning, etc.
- MMA Boxing room
- Zen area which will be for relaxing and free of electronics
- 30 minute circuit area
- Ladies only workout area (which is attached to the women’s locker room)
- Hot tub and heated therapy pool
- Basketball court and racquetball courts
- Walking/running track upstairs
And I am sure there is more that I forgot. I told the gentleman who showed me around that it will be overwhelming at first – there is so much to try to do. My main goal in joining was a place that offered a variety of fitness classes at a variety of times – not just during the day. Gyms that offer classes mainly from 8-5 are missing out on those of us with desk jobs.
The reason I joined now is that my other gym membership just expired, so now is a great time. I will also cancel my Planet Fitness membership once this facility is up and going. I also already know other people who go to this gym, so I may find some workout buddies.
I am quite excited about this new gym and all the different fitness options available. I love a variety of classes along with my walking and this is just the place for me. While not as close to my house as Planet Fitness, a 10-15 minute drive is nothing compared to all that comes with the gym. I will keep you posted and hopefully I can get some indoor pictures when they open.
Be sure and check out my post at Dr. Lori’s healthy living blog: Top 10 Tips for Running or Walking 5Ks.
Do you belong to a gym? What is your favorite fitness class or feature of the gym?
Have a healthy day!