Hello! Can you believe today is the LAST DAY of the FIRST HALF of 2013? The year is flying by. It is definitely time to update my 13 goals for 2013. I also intend to reevaluate my goals and make changes as necessary.
My 13 for 2013 Goals
UPDATE: In the final stretch. Just finished module 31 of 40. September 6th is my official graduation date. Just one more exam to take and pass. Feel free to click the graphic below and get your summer wellness tuneup from IIN.
UPDATE: Still sitting at four 5Ks walked. I am up to walking two miles at a time and plan to continue 5Ks starting in August. I have one scheduled for August 3rd and another for August 10th. I hope I can then find enough 5Ks to finish this goal by December 31st! If you have missed any of my race recaps, here they are:
- Catch The Leprechaun 5K
- Barley’s St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Jelly Bean 5K (virtual walk)
- Color Me Rad 5K Knoxville
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: WOOHOO!!!! 12 paychecks in 6 months and have saved money from each paycheck.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: I am actually getting another small raise at work effective tomorrow. And once it is official, I will share more good news with you about my full-time job. I have also had a great month with 31. And this month I haven’t spent all my earnings. LOL. Conference is coming up at the end of July and I need money for hotel, parking, food, and SHOPPING.
5. 2:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
REVISED GOAL: I am changing this goal from 2:30 to 1:30 and will start planking again in July.
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: Still on track. Doing about 6 posts per week.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month.
UPDATE: My friends A and G and I had a girl’s night out this month and did our NAILS. Did you catch my galaxy nails?
Last night some of us went to hear Tall Paul and his band (Ramajay Intercoastal) play at a local restaurant. We have heard Tall Paul play many times by himself, but never with his band. If you don’t know who Tall Paul is…
8. Special Project. I am not ready to share what this is, but I started it last month. I thought it would be a quick thing but it turning out to be larger than expected. I think a year is certainly a great time limit.
REVISED GOAL: The original special project is completely on hold so I need a new goal. My new goal is going to be to start cleaning out my clothes. Throw away clothes that are old, don’t fit, or have holes in them. Give away items in good shape that I just don’t like any more, don’t wear any more, or have too many of (race t-shirts). I need to go back to my plan where every time I bring in a new item of clothing I throw away/give away a similar type item.
9. Toned arms for the summer. Since I have to be careful with how much walking I do for the next little while, I want to concentrate on my arms. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: I am participating in Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp and really working my arms during the strength sessions. The Yoga and Hoops class is also working my arms. I may not have fantastically toned arms, but they are improving so I will leave this goal as is.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: I have done a couple of blog posts on this. You can check them out here and here. I completed Jamie’s 21 Day Intuitive Eating Challenge. I am working on a blog post about it. I am also working with Jamie in a summer group and will share more about that when complete.
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: Nothing really stands out this month that I have done.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: I have had one twenty-minute spin on the bike and hope to go biking again today (weather permitting). Biking definitely uses different muscles and having to re-teach them what to do.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: I have had a very productive June and that always makes me happy. I also bought these fun socks – just looking at them makes me smile!
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything big planned for June?
Enjoy your day!