Today is National Walking Day! It falls on the first Wednesday of every April. The American Heart Association (AHA) is encouraging everyone to take 30 minutes out of their day and WALK! If you click the photo below, you will be taken to their official National Walking Day page.
Here are a couple of the resources that the AHA provides:
Four Week Walking Plan – AHA is calling this a walking plan for the intermediate walker.
Time To Get Moving – Why exercise is important, how much exercise is needed, how to get started.
This is one of my favorite walking paths. This is where hubby and I typically walk or run! It’s a .7 mile loop and very close to our house.
As you know, walking is oe my favorite activities. Some of my more popular walking posts are:
Some ideas to get your 30 minutes in today:
- Grab your coworkers and go for a walk around the building. Three 10 minute walks equals the 30 minutes needed.
- If your office building has stairs (ours does not), consider walking up and down them a few times today. Instead of emailing your coworkers today, walk to their desks.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood before or after dinner. Include your hubby and/or kids and/or pets!
- Raining in your area? Find a treadmill or head to the nearest mall.
- Knoxville has many miles of greenways where you can run, walk, bike, etc. Find a new to you path in your area and explore.
Number 1 most important thing when you walk? Wear good shoes. Your feet and your knees will thank you!
Do you plan to walk today? Where?