I am scared of running. There I said it. Why I am scared of running?
- Afraid of looking stupid.
- Afraid of tripping and falling.
- Afraid of passing out.
- Afraid of failure.
- Afraid it will hurt.
I would say those are the top 5 reasons I am afraid to run. However, I am going to face those fears. See, I signed up for a #5Kin100Days Challenge that starts tomorrow. I have decided I need to pump up my activity and running seems like the next logical step.
Why do I think this challenge is a good fit for me?
- It is 100 days. That’s a little over 14 weeks or approx. 3.5 months.
- The beginning is walking and fast walking with a little running thrown in. For those that know me, you know I already walk 5Ks on a regular basis. So the distance doesn’t scare me at all.
- According to the program, we “run” three times per week. Since I already walk three times a week, this should fit right in my schedule.
- I can get support for this challenge through online and twitter. Thinking I will need all the support I can get.
My ultimate goal: to run the New Year’s Day 5K with my hubby. 100 days from tomorrow is actually January 4th, so I figure a January 1st 5K would be perfect for me.
So, while I said I would never run unless I was being chased by a bear, it appears I was wrong. I haven’t run yet, but I am going to. And I am still scared.