Hello! How is your weekend going?
Attendance for this Color Me Rad seemed WAY down. I could be wrong, but I am not sure they had half of the people they did in April. I think three items contributed to this:
- Color Me Rad has been to Knoxville in October 2012, April 2013, and August 2013. That is three times in twelve months. What other races do you run that many times in a year? NONE.
- There was bad press about the amount of money that Color Me Rad donates to the local charities.
- The prices continue to rise and rise and rise.
The four of us that walked did have a good time and I was very thankful that the rain/storms held off. Getting ready:
The best after picture I have (hubby is not into being my personal photographer and my friend L couldn’t make this race):
Hopefully there will be one or two good ones from the course. And one of the things I like about Color Me Rad is their pictures are very affordable ($1.99 to $2.99).
Some pros and cons from the race.
- Mother Nature was nice to us.
- Fewer people meant fewer lines everywhere and a faster start for us.
- They had a PINK hoodie in their store this time and I bought it.
- It was a beautiful morning for a walk/run.
- My legs felt good.
- A different course route – AGAIN. Three times in twelve months and never the same course. This course had a lot of turns and wasn’t in the prettiest area of Knoxville.
- While billed as a 5K, my Garmin didn’t even get to 2.9. If you are going to call yourself a 5K, make the distance a 5K, especially since many people thought they were running or walking their first 5K.
- Price continually rising is an issue. At a point you will price yourself out of business.
Run or Dye is supposedly coming to Knoxville in November – yet ANOTHER color race. I plan to sit this one out. I am hoping to do a glow run (nighttime) race this year. I would also love to do a foam/mud run if possible.
After the race I did laundry to get all the color off our clothes, made a quick Target run, read some, and then watched it rain. Check out what our backyard looked like after only twenty minutes of rain:
It rained HARD for quite some time. The yard needs to be mowed, but at this point it might never dry. Today will be marking off items on my to-do list, laundry, and possibly a bike ride if the weather cooperates. However, more storms like yesterday are expected.
How is your weekend going? Share something good.
Enjoy your day!