Hello and Happy Monday! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
So, what does a typical Sunday look like for you? Mine typically includes (not necessarily in this order):
- Laundry for the week – with just two of us I fortunately only need to do laundry once a week
- Grocery shopping – grocery shopping occurs about 50% of the time on Sundays
- Planning for the week ahead
- Rest and relaxation
- Downtime with hubby
- Dinner on the grill/li>
- Biking or walking (outside)
- Banking/paying bills
- Packing gym bag for the week
- Nap time
Most important thing on that list above? Planning for the week ahead. Planning is so important for all aspects of your life – especially for your health and fitness.
On Sundays (or sometimes on Monday), grab your calendar (I use both a Google calendar and an Erin Condren planner).
Things to plan:
- Any work you have to do. Do you have a regular schedule or do you work different hours each day? Important to list those first.
- Any appointments you (or your family) might have – doctor’s, luncheons, etc.
- Any family activities you need to attend for the week
Now that you have those three planned, it is time to plan just for YOU!
- Schedule some gym/movement time – even if it is just 10 minutes, get it on the schedule
- Schedule self-care time
- Schedule some down time
Things to think about:
- Leave yourself some wiggle room – unexpected things will arise
- Don’t schedule every minute of every day. For me, I try not to have something every weekday evening – I know that wears me out.
- Make sure to schedule in time for FUN
How do you plan for the week ahead?