Bye Bye August, Hello September. The months are really flying by. Only FOUR more left in 2013. Time to update my 13 for 2013 goals.
My 13 for 2013 Goals
UPDATE: COMPLETE!!! Very excited to say this one is DONE. You can read my post here for more info.
UPDATE: I completed two 5Ks during the month of August to bring my total to 6. I am still not positive I will complete this goal, but I do have a few more 5Ks before the end of the year.
- Catch The Leprechaun 5K
- Barley’s St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Jelly Bean 5K (virtual walk)
- Color Me Rad 5K Knoxville
- Hotter n Hell 5K
- Color Me Rad 5K
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: On track. Have saved money every paycheck. I had earmarked some of the money for specific things (household, vacation, 31 conference), so I am using that money as needed. My goal for vacation is to NOT charge anything – just use my debit card and cash.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: I got another small raise in July which brought me up to where I was supposed to be last year. I also intend to make money by being a health coach by the end of this year.
5. 1:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
UPDATE: My longest plank to date is 55 seconds. I need to start planking more consistently.
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: Amazingly still on track with this one.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month.
UPDATE: I went off-roading for the first time in our new Jeep at Windrock Mountain. Check out my post here. We have been one more time since. Some parts are a little nerve wrecking, but I trust hubby and the Jeep seems to be able to handle anything.
8. Clean out clothes. Clean out clothes – throw away old items, items I don’t wear, etc.
UPDATE: I have been continuing to throw out stained or torn clothes. Oddly my belts seem to be making tiny holes in some of my shirts. I have a TON of old race shirts to donate to a local charity, I just need to bag them up and get them there.
9. Toned arms for the summer. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: I didn’t make as much progress on this one as I intended, but my arms feel toner and my sleeves are looser. This will be ongoing for sure.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: I have done a couple of blog posts on this. You can check them out here and here. I completed Jamie’s 21 Day Intuitive Eating Challenge. I am working on a blog post about it. I am also working with Jamie in a summer group and will share more about that when complete. (still owe you a post on this)
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: I am going to use off-roading here as well. Going straight up a mountain when there is a drop-off on either side is not necessarily comfortable, but it is certainly beautiful.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: I have been on my bike a few times this month, but not a lot. I usually choose to walk right now.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: August was very busy. Finished my health coaching certification. Finished up with two health coaching clients. Full-time job very busy.
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything big planned for September?
Have a healthy day!