Hello and Happy Monday! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
Does it look like the above outside your window? (Thankfully we haven’t seen snow yet this year.) You may be struggling to stay motivated with your health and fitness goals during these cold winter months. Here are 5 tips to help!
Set small daily or weekly goals.
* Aim to get to the gym X number of days a week or workout for X number of minutes per day or week. That may be just TWO days, but remember – #wycwyc (what you can, when you can).
* Have a fitness tracker? Aim for a certain amount of steps per day (or week).
* Don’t forget to hydrate – drinking X number of ounces of water could be a goal.
Try something new.
* Belong to a gym? Try a new to you group fitness class or piece of equipment.
* Workout at home? Try a new DVD or online workout.
* Never get outdoors during the winter? Bundle up and head out for a short walk/run. You might discover you like it.
Buy a super cute new outfit or workout equipment.
* Fell in love with yoga? Buy some new yoga pants or a yoga mat.
* Starting to run? Buy some new running shoes – get fitted first!
* Don’t have any “true” workout clothes? Try Old Navy or Target’s C9 collection.
Create a new upbeat playlist.
* Use iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, etc. to create an upbeat playlist with 5-10 of your favorite songs.
* Have a dance party around your house!
* Hop on a piece of cardio equipment and listen to your new playlist.
Phone a friend.
* While you might bail on yourself, you probably won’t bail on a friend knowing she is there waiting on you. Make a fitness date.
* Can’t workout together due to scheduling conflicts? Find an accountability partner. And if you need an accountability partner – I am here for you!
How do you stay motivated during the cold winter months?
Ready to work on your health and fitness goals? Check out how you can work with me HERE.