Welcome to May! I cannot believe another month is behind us. Time to update my 13 goals for 2013.
My 13 for 2013 Goals
UPDATE: I earned the certificate that allows me to start seeing clients by passing the first two exams. NOTE: I still have ONE spot open for a FREE three-month health coaching package. If you are interested, shoot me an email.
2. 13 5Ks in 2013.
UPDATE: I have walked 4 5Ks so far:
- Catch The Leprechaun 5K
- Barley’s St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Jelly Bean 5K (virtual walk)
- Color Me Rad 5K Knoxville
No more 5Ks for me for a while. Down for the count until probably August. So, we will have to see if I can complete this one or not. The good news is that Color Me Rad is coming back in August and I am already signed up.
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: Eight paychecks and still on track. This is the most consistent I have ever been with saving money.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: I did get a raise at work, small but always grateful for anything. I plan to supplement my income by being a Health Coach.
5. 2:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
UPDATE: Planks? I was supposed to be doing planks? Hmm….
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: On track with this, but just right at it.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month. We talked about this during our group’s Christmas party and with our family on New Year’s Eve. We want to make even more time to see each other (outside of when we regularly see each other). I think at least once a month with either group will be a great start. This could be a game night, dinner out, a movie, anything.
UPDATE: Walked Color Me Rad with my friend L and had girl’s night out at our favorite little Mexican place followed by bowling for charity (Bowl For Kids Sake which supports Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee).
Our team name is Diamonds in the Gutter. Don’t you love our t-shirts?
8. Special Project. I am not ready to share what this is, but I started it last month. I thought it would be a quick thing but it turning out to be larger than expected. I think a year is certainly a great time limit.
UPDATE: This is completely on hold for now.
9. Toned arms for the summer. Since I have to be careful with how much walking I do for the next little while, I want to concentrate on my arms. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: Arms? I was supposed to be working on arms?
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: I have done a couple of blog posts on this. You can check them out here and here. I am not ready to dive head first into this, but am doing some reading and researching. There is supposedly an intuitive eating challenge that a blogger is putting together happening soon. I do plan to participate.
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: Can I count surgery for this one?
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: Bike is fitness room and I didn’t get to spin since I was doing yoga. Bike now on hold until cleared to resume activity. And even then, I will be terrified to ride for a while for fear of falling on my incision.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: Even with surgery this month, I had tons of fun in April.
I also planned to set one specific goal each month. My April goal was to follow my 90 day goal pyramid. Let’s check in on those.
My April specific goals related to my 90 Day Goal Pyramid were:
- Lose 8.8 pounds to meet my DietBet challenge – COMPLETE
- Walk one 5K – COMPLETE
- Consistent 45 second plank – NOPE
- Two arm workouts per week – NOPE
My biggest goal was to lose the weight for my DietBet, so I do consider April successful. For May my goal is going to be to watch what I eat and drink to not gain the weight back. I also plan to try and use my cameras more often.
As I mentioned before, I will review the goals each month and in July re-evaluate to see if I need to alter my goals at all. I also created a Pinterest board as a visual representation of my goals.
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything big planned for May?
Don’t forget: I still have ONE spot open for a FREE three-month health coaching package. If you are interested, shoot me an email.
Enjoy your day!