Good morning and TGIF! Welcome to March! For a short month, February seemed to stick around for a while. Since it is March 1st, let’s update my 13 goals for 2013.
But first, a cute munchkin picture. The munchkin and her family have been to Disney World and they had a Princess Breakfast!
My 13 for 2013 Goals
UPDATE: Still on track for graduation in September. We are halfway through the second set of modules. Second exam comes in April and we can start seeking clients after we pass that. I am enjoying this program more this second set of modules because I have learned what works best for me in studying an online course.
2. 13 5Ks in 2013. Jill and Jen have teamed up to host 13 in 2013. Participants pick their distance (or a variety) and can run (or WALK) 13 races during 2013. This will be a great way to get back into 5Ks after an absence due to my leg.
UPDATE: We are getting closer to my first 5K for 2013 and I am excited. I will be walking the Catch the Leprechaun 5k on March 9th I signed up for the Jelly Bean virtual race in March, and I am registered for Color Me Rad in April.
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: Four paychecks so far and I am on track. I have six categories of savings that include special events, retirement, emergency, and Christmas.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: Fingers crossed I see a raise on my first March paycheck. Will keep you posted.
5. 2:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
UPDATE: I let this one slide during February. So, I have now added planks to my goal pyramid and have a plan to get to 2:30 by November.
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: On track with this.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month. We talked about this during our group’s Christmas party and with our family on New Year’s Eve. We want to make even more time to see each other (outside of when we regularly see each other). I think at least once a month with either group will be a great start. This could be a game night, dinner out, a movie, anything.
UPDATE: We had some of our friends over for appetizers and a night of trivia during February. Hubby and I also drove to Maggie Valley to visit some friends and take them to dinner at Harrah’s Casino. Just this week we had a girl’s night out (that I still need to share with you).
8. Special Project. I am not ready to share what this is, but I started it last month. I thought it would be a quick thing but it turning out to be larger than expected. I think a year is certainly a great time limit.
UPDATE: I have actually changed the special project. It is slow going, but hope to launch the first half of this year.
9. Toned arms for the summer. Since I have to be careful with how much walking I do for the next little while, I want to concentrate on my arms. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: Again, I need to concentrate on this one. I have added this goal to my 90 day goal pyramid. The yoga class and suspension class I am taking will definitely help.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: Hmmm. This one is still waiting.
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: I have tried cooking more, so that is out of my comfort zone. I am also WAY out of my comfort zone in the suspension class.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: Still too cold to get the bike out, but I have taken a couple of spinning classes!
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: February was short, seemed long, but I had a lot of fun.
I also planned to set one specific goal each month. My February goal was to utilize my new gym membership at Provision Health and Wellness for four classes. I took 5 classes there during the month of February. I will get in at least 8 classes during March with the yoga and suspension classes.
My goal for March will be to follow my 90 day goal pyramid. I have some 90 day fitness goals I definitely want to complete and that’s what I will be concentrating on.
As I mentioned before, I will review the goals each month and in July re-evaluate to see if I need to alter my goals at all. I also created a Pinterest board as a visual representation of my goals.
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything special planned for this weekend? Share something good!