Welcome to Day TWO of 2013! After another fabulous four days off, it is time to go back to work. And in eight days, it is time to celebrate my birthday! WOOHOO!!!
Originally I was going to set goals in a different format this year, but I had such fun with my 12 for 2012, that I am going to do 13 for 2013. In no particular order, here we go!
My 13 for 2013 Goals
1. Become a Health Coach by graduating from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Official graduation will be September 6, 2013. I can begin seeing clients in mid-April after I pass the first two exams.
2. 13 5Ks in 2013. Jill and Jen have teamed up to host 13 in 2013. Participants pick their distance (or a variety) and can run (or WALK) 13 races during 2013. This will be a great way to get back into 5Ks after an absence due to my leg.
3. Save $$$ each paycheck. I had this goal last year and continue to have it this year. I haven’t decided the exact percentage yet. Not only I am saving for retirement, but for emergencies, Christmas 2013, vacation, etc. I might make the percentage flexible but do at least 10% each paycheck.
4. Get a raise/make more money. I love my job and my co-workers, but I have not had a raise since I have been there – even after becoming AdWords certified. My goal is to get a raise early 2013 and possibly another one by the end of the year. I also intend to supplement by income once I am a Health Coach.
5. 2:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I haven’t planked in two months so I am essentially starting from scratch and think this is a great goal for the year. Here is a great plank workout to help increase your time.
6. Blog 5x per week. I know many bloggers blog 2-3 times a day and some only blog once a week. Averaging five times per week last year really worked for me and I want to continue it. It will probably be 4 times during the week and once on the weekend.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month. We talked about this during our group’s Christmas party and with our family on New Year’s Eve. We want to make even more time to see each other (outside of when we regularly see each other). I think at least once a month with either group will be a great start. This could be a game night, dinner out, a movie, anything.
8. Special Project. I am not ready to share what this is, but I started it last month. I thought it would be a quick thing but it turning out to be larger than expected. I think a year is certainly a great time limit.
9. Toned arms for the summer. Since I have to be careful with how much walking I do for the next little while, I want to concentrate on my arms. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
So, the first 12 goals I came up with fairly easily. Then I got stuck on number 13. But I finally decided.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
I also plan to set one monthly goal. For January it is to track my spending on a daily basis. I need to put myself on a budget, but first I need to get a better picture of where my money is going.
I will review the goals each month and in July re-evaluate to see if I need to alter my goals at all. I also created a Pinterest board as a visual representation of my goals.
Share one of your 2013 goals with me!
Enjoy your day!
Don’t forget to check out my review of the new Weight Watchers by Conair Digital Scale and enter for your chance to win one.