2013 is coming to an end and we are getting ready to welcome 2014. Time to do a final assessment of my 13 for 2013 goals.
My 13 for 2013 Goals
CLOSE: Ended with nine 5Ks. My last one I did indoors on the treadmill due to nasty weather and my bronchitis. I was 4 5Ks short of completing this goal. However, considering I spent January/February recovering from my November surgery, and then April – July out for my second surgery, that only left half the year to complete my goal.
- Catch The Leprechaun 5K
- Barley’s St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Jelly Bean 5K (virtual walk)
- Color Me Rad 5K Knoxville
- Hotter n Hell 5K
- Color Me Rad 5K
- Komen Race for the Cure 2013 (no recap written)
- Buddy’s Race Against Cancer 2013 5K (no recap written)
- Jingle Bell 5K – indoor on treadmill due to nasty weather/bronchitis
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
COMPLETE: I have saved money with each paycheck. One more paycheck to go and will definitely put some money into savings.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
COMPLETE: A small raise in July and I made some money through my 31 business this year.
5. 1:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
FAIL: I gave up on planks a while back. Just not one of my favorite things.
6. Blog 5x per week.
COMPLETE: Overall for the year I averaged 5 posts per week. For December I definitely scaled that back some.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month.
MOSTLY: With it being December, didn’t really do anything different – just lots of Christmas parties and get togethers. I did get to go to Chesapeake’s with my mom to learn tips and tricks for cooking lobster tails.
8. Clean out clothes. Clean out clothes – throw away old items, items I don’t wear, etc.
COMPLETE: We have donated quite a few bags to our local rescue mission this year. I had intended to completely rearrange the master bedroom closet this weekend, but this cold has thrown me for a loop. When I do clean it out, I expect to have 2-4 more bags to be donated.
9. Toned arms for the summer. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
HALFWAY THERE: While not toned and buff, I can definitely tell a difference in the way tops fit my arms. So much better. I am looking forward to yoga and boxing at my new gym and will continue on my quest for toned arms.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
ONGOING: I need to definitely write a few posts about this. In case you are curious about Intuitive Eating, here are the principles:
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
A FEW: Successful with this a few months, but nothing big.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
FAIL: Again, I was out of commission most of the good biking weather. Maybe in 2014.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
COMPLETE: Fabulous Christmas and holidays with family and friends.
How did you do on your 2013 goals? Are you thinking about goals for 2014?
Have a healthy day!