Happy Sunday! Hope you are having a great weekend!
Did you remember to set your clocks back an hour? I used that extra hour for SLEEP. I slept over 10 straight hours (very rare for me). Apparently I was tired. And this morning I am definitely sore from the Power Flow Yoga class I took yesterday. It’s a good sore, but sore. Did you catch my review of the class? I need to make time to fit more yoga into my schedule.
Somehow, I got on a mailing list for Integrative Nutrition. Here is some information from one of the emails I got this week.
Integrative Nutrition‘s 12 Steps to Wellness
1. Drink more water
2. Practice cooking
3. Increase whole grains
4. Increase sweet vegetables
5. Increase leafy green vegetables
6. Experiment with protein
7. Eat less meat, dairy, sugar and chemicalized, artificial junk foods; consume less coffee, alcohol and tobacco
8. Develop easy and reliable habits to nurture your body
9. Have healthy relationships that support you
10. Find physical activity you enjoy and do it regularly
11. Find work you love or a way to love the work you have
12. Develop a spiritual practice
I liked these 12 steps. Definitely great tips for overall wellness. And I am a big believer in not trying to change too much at once, so I like steps. Work on a step, make it a habit, move on to another step. I think trying to change too much at once can be overwhelming (at least for me). It can cause me to just completely shutdown and nothing is changed. I am currently concentrating on drink more water (and cutting back on diet sodas) and finding consistent physical activity.
Speaking of the time change, how will this affect your workout schedule? Will it? We usually bike and/or walk in the evening. With it getting dark earlier, we will either need to go earlier, bike/walk in the dark, or do something else. That’s why I turned in my voucher for 3 months at Workout Anytime I had found on FlutterToday. I will have a place to go to if I don’t want to go out in the dark.
Today’s talking points: What other steps to wellness would you add? How does the time change affect you?