Hello and Happy Saturday! Hope you had a wonderful Friday, and for those who celebrate, a fantastic Valentine’s Day. I wanted to share a few Instagram photos from yesterday. From top left clockwise: giving blood, t-shirt for today’s Hot Chocolate Lover’s 5K, desserts for Valentine’s Day, and beautiful lilies from hubby (they smell AMAZING)!
I use this fabulous little app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 called Countdown Days. I count down til birthdays, holidays, special events, and more. Well guess what it is telling me today? That there are 100 days til Memorial Day. That means 100 days til the official start of summer. Are you ready for summer? Ready to wear tank tops, shorts, and BATHING SUITS? If not, what are you doing to get ready?
If you think you can create a new habit every 30 days, you have time to create 3 new habits. If you go by the 21 days til a new habit theory you have time for almost FIVE new habits. Just a few healthy habits you might want to consider:
- Start working out 3-5 times per week
- Stop smoking
- Starting drinking at least 64 oz of water per day
- Stop drinking sodas and diet sodas
- Start having at least 1 serving of fruits and/or veggies with every meal
- Stop eating fast food and fried foods
- Start listening to your body
- Stop weighing yourself daily
Over the next 100 days, some of the items I plan to accomplish (not necessarily health related):
- Lose 1% body fat per month – concentrate on fat loss, not weight loss
- Starting working out at least twice a week in the AM (starting second week in March)
- Toned arms for tanks tops
- Create a blog redesign plan – combine this blog and my health coaching website
- Pass my certified personal trainer’s exam. *fingers crossed*
- Physical with my SECOND new doctor in a year – haven’t met this one yet
- Bowl for Kids Sake with my girlfriends
- Our annual Mother’s Day Crab Boil (recipe here)
- Walk at least one 5K per month
- Attend the Train Dirty Fitness Bombshell Retreat in Pigeon Forge
What goals would you like to achieve before summer? These might be personal goals, health goals, blogging goals, business goals. Are you working on your plan?
Have a healthy day!