Hello and Happy Thursday! How’s your week going? We finally have a day at work without client meetings, outside meetings, or me leaving for a doctor’s appointment. I hope to get a LOT done at work today. My MRI got pushed til Tuesday, so no more news on that front until then.
I had the best of intentions to go spinning last night, but it just didn’t happen. (1) I have pulled a muscle in my right calf (yes, the problem calf) and am hobbling around and (2) I think I have the crud that all the guys at the office have. So, I came home and went to bed. I always know I am not feeling well when I am too tired/weak to hold the iPad up to read. Since I couldn’t go spinning, I can at least talk about it today.
* Spinning is much cooler than cycling. You are inside with a fan and air conditioning. The sweat you drip is all from hard work and not the heat.
* Less chance of falling and injuring yourself. I don’t say zero chance, cause well, we all know what a klutz I am, but spinning is much less risky. There is zero possibility you will get hit by a car – that’s a plus.
* Much easier to drink water while riding. Outside I have to pull over to a curb to get my water bottle. I know that others can do it while riding, but I am not willing to chance that yet.
* Never get rained out during spinning.
* I am able to stand up and ride (and not fall over) on the spinning bikes.
* RPMs, mileage, and heart rate. These are the metrics I concentrate on.
* Even though the spinning bike is on a flat surface, you can feel you are going up the largest hill in town.
* Spinning hurts my calf less than walking. This is a huge plus right now.
* Spinning is helping increase my mileage for the year.
* And finally…Padded bike shorts. One of the best inventions ever. I wonder if wearing 3 pairs would help. Hmm….
Have you tried spinning? What do you think?
Enjoy your day!