Good morning! Happy Halloween! Since I have a special post planned for tomorrow (be sure and check back), I decided to go ahead and update my 13 for 2013 goals today.
My 13 for 2013 Goals
UPDATE: Currently sitting at seven 5Ks. I will definitely not hit this goal. However, since I spent January and February recovering from surgery and then had another surgery in April, I am not sweating this one. Life happens.
- Catch The Leprechaun 5K
- Barley’s St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Jelly Bean 5K (virtual walk)
- Color Me Rad 5K Knoxville
- Hotter n Hell 5K
- Color Me Rad 5K
- Komen Race for the Cure 2013 (no recap written)
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: On track. Have money stashed in two different places for Christmas to make sure that no credit cards are used. Hint – if you would like money for Christmas, make sure to come back to my blog tomorrow.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: I got a small raise in July. I expect my next raise to be sometime in 2014.
5. 1:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
UPDATE: I have been planking every other day in October. I seem stuck at 45 seconds being my longest.
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: Still on track with this one.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month.
UPDATE: Using off-roading once again. Hubby and I went with a friend of his who has a Hummer. We definitely got off the beaten path and onto more advanced trails. Love these views! We are hopefully heading back this weekend to see the beautiful Fall leaves.
8. Clean out clothes. Clean out clothes – throw away old items, items I don’t wear, etc.
UPDATE: Finally bagged up the clothes and my mom took them to KARM for me. Still need to purge more, but at least 3 bags got donated.
9. Toned arms for the summer. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: Monday I started a new weight lifting program. I may not have had toned arms this summer, but just watch out next summer. Surely I will be able to lift my arms by then. (They are SUPER sore.)
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: No real updates on this one.
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: Does driving straight up a mountain, not on a road, where you can’t see the top count?
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: I didn’t ride my bike at all in October.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: Celebrated my friend A’s birthday. Went off-roading. Attended my first Origami Owl party. Family dinner. Race for the Cure.
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything big planned for November?
Have a healthy day!