Happy Thursday! How’s your week going? We are so close to the weekend. Can you feel it?
I ran across this blog post the other day on Kris’ website AND loved it. Immediately sent her a message that I would be adopting the idea.
I have been walking regularly (2-3 times per week, 30-60 minutes each time) since July 2010. This July I greatly picked up my activity level due to the addition of my bike. I am trying to incorporate healthy habits into my lifestyle – slowly. I know myself better than anyone else. A healthy lifestyle will not appear overnight, but I am making changes!!!
Clues I am making a healthier life:
- I own more workout clothes than ever before in my life – including padded bike shorts and walking skirts.
- I own multiple water bottles for biking AND for walking. It is very important to stay hydrated at all times. I usually have a water bottle with me at all times during the day.
- I have not had french fries in over a month (this is a biggie). Will I ever have fries again? Yes, but not near as often as I used to.
- I am decreasing the amount of diet sodas I drink and increasing the amount of water. Maybe someday I will give up diet sodas altogether. Not today.
- I am logging everything I eat in MyFitnessPal. It really helps to be accountable for everything I eat. I also log all of my workouts in DailyMile so I can see my progress.
- I own a heart rate monitor.
- I have several Bondi Bands to pull my hair back off my face. Those who know me well know I HATE having my hair pulled back, but in this heat, I will do anything.
- I come home from work and immediately put on my workout clothes instead of pajamas.
- I feel weird if I miss working out two days in a row.
- I have walked in over 25 5Ks during the past 12 months.
What healthy habits are you adopting?