I cannot believe we are through another month already. Time really does fly by. Since we have started a new month, it is time to update my 2013 goals.
My 13 for 2013 Goals
UPDATE: We started module 36 of 40 this week. I am looking forward to graduating soon. My official graduation date is September 6th and I will be celebrating at the beach with my mom. Here is one of our new mini booklets you can get. Just click on the picture.
UPDATE: My next 5K is SATURDAY! WOOHOO!!! Still not sure if I will complete 13 during 2013, but we are getting off the number 4. If you have missed any of my race recaps, here they are:
- Catch The Leprechaun 5K
- Barley’s St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Jelly Bean 5K (virtual walk)
- Color Me Rad 5K Knoxville
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: Loving this one. I have been very good about saving money from each paycheck. Quite proud of myself on this one.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: I got another small raise in July which brought me up to where I was supposed to be last year. I also intend to make money by being a health coach by the end of this year.
5. 1:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
UPDATE: I am almost at a minute. My longest one is 55 seconds. Surely between now and December I can hit this goal.
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: Just checked and surprisingly still on track. I thought I might have missed this month.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month.
UPDATE: We had our friends over for a cookout for the 4th. It was supposed to be a cook OUT but since it poured the entire time we stayed inside. Mom and I had a mother/daughter shopping trip that same weekend. We went to two birthday parties for our friend’s kids. My friend A and I went to the 31 National Conference. Here we are:
8. Clean out clothes. Clean out clothes – throw away old items, items I don’t wear, etc.
UPDATE: When mom and I went shopping and I bought 15 items, I made sure that 15 items came out of my closet first. Some I threw away (torn/stained), some went in the pile for charity. I have about 3 bags worth of clothes to donate to charity, I just need to bag them up and drop them off.
9. Toned arms for the summer. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: As you know I am trying to start exercising in the AM. I am concentrating on my arms at the moment using FitnessGlo videos. I can definitely tell that the sleeves in my shirts feel looser, so I am going with progress on this one.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: I have done a couple of blog posts on this. You can check them out here and here. I completed Jamie’s 21 Day Intuitive Eating Challenge. I am working on a blog post about it. I am also working with Jamie in a summer group and will share more about that when complete. (same as last month)
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: Nothing really stands out but conference was out of my comfort zone with WAY too many people in one space.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: I have been on my bike a couple of times during July. However, when we have had good weather (it has rained a LOT in July) I have mostly chosen to walk.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: July was pretty fun. Lots on the calendar. Some time off work. Family dinners. Time with friends.
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything big planned for August?
Enjoy your day!