Good morning! Welcome to October 2013! My October Start Living Healthy newsletter went out this morning. If you would like to read it, just click HERE. If you want to subscribe, click HERE. I would love it if you did!
I cannot believe we are in our final quarter of 2013. Feels like this year just started. With another month down, time to update my 13 for 2013 goals.
My 13 for 2013 Goals
COMPLETE!!! You can read my post here for more info.
UPDATE: Currently sitting at six 5Ks. September was not a great month for road races in our area. Hoping to do at least 2 in October. Probably won’t hit the 13 goal, but have accepted this. When I set this goal I did not realize I would be having a second leg surgery.
- Catch The Leprechaun 5K
- Barley’s St. Patrick’s Day 5K
- Jelly Bean 5K (virtual walk)
- Color Me Rad 5K Knoxville
- Hotter n Hell 5K
- Color Me Rad 5K
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: On track. Paid cash (or used debit card) for vacation – nothing on a credit card. Have money stashed in two different places for Christmas to make sure that no credit cards are used for Christmas.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: I got a small raise in July which brought me up to where I was supposed to be last year. I also intend to make money by being a health coach by the end of this year.
5. 1:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
UPDATE: Kind of forget about this one during September. Must get back on track during October. I plan to plank every other day in October and have it marked on my calendar AND have a reminder set up.
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: Still on track with this one.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month.
UPDATE: Off-roading as a group this past Saturday. You can check out the post HERE. Also went on a mother/daughter vacation and we had beach photos taken.
8. Clean out clothes. Clean out clothes – throw away old items, items I don’t wear, etc.
UPDATE: Guess what? Clothes to be donated are STILL sitting in the bedroom. I have been good about throwing away stained or torn items.
9. Toned arms for the summer. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: I didn’t make as much progress on this one as I intended, but my arms feel toner and my sleeves are looser. This will be ongoing for sure. Did a circuit class last Wednesday and definitely felt the burning in my arms.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: No real updates on this one. I have done a couple of blog posts on this. You can check them out here and here. I completed Jamie’s 21 Day Intuitive Eating Challenge. I am working on a blog post about it. I am also working with Jamie in a summer group and will share more about that when complete. (still owe you a post on this)
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: Does eating on the side of a mountain count? While it was beautiful, I was definitely conscious of how far down the bottom was and how close to the edge we were.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: I used the bike a couple of times in September. Hubby and I have been choosing to run/walk more than bike this year.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: Celebrated my mom’s birthday in September, had mother/daughter vacation, couple of off-roading trips. Great month!
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything big planned for October?
Have a healthy day!